[mythtv] Additional Delete Options?

Tim Musa opel1970 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:54:48 UTC 2007

Hello,

I was talking with my dad, who owns a Tivo box, and he mentioned what I
thought was a pretty nice feature.  I have no idea if this is something that
has been discussed before, but I didn't find anything in my search of the
archives.  He said that on the Tivo, when he deletes a recording it just
gets flagged.  It doesn't actually delete the file until some autoexpire
limit gets hit (either space or time).  To me, this sounds like a very easy
option to implement.  I would think that it would just require changing the
recording group of the recording to something similar to "LiveTV".  Then it
would just use the normal autoexpire process to actually delete the file at
some later time.

Just an idea to help when my wife or kid accidentally deletes a show after
watching it.

tim