[mythtv] Subtitles to DVD

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:31:50 UTC 2007

Seppo Kallio wrote:
> Hi1
>
> At
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/231851#231851
>
> There is talk about writing subtitles to the DVD and it sounds like impossible.
>
> But people use this method here in Finland:
>
> ProjectX is used to extract subtitles as .sub
> dvdauthor is used to make DVD

AFAIK VDR burn plugin handles it like this:
ProjectX is used to extract .sup files from the stream.
pxsup2dast [1] is used to convert .sup files into spumux format.
spumux is used with mplex to add the subs as dvd subtitles into the mpeg
file.

[1] http://www.guru-group.fi/~too/sw/m2vmp2cut/

> I have not tested this but I will.
> Some problems: ProjectX needs java 1.5, and I have FC6 with java 1.4

The commandline interface of ProjectX works fine with GCJ 4.1.2 here.

--
Anssi Hannula