[mythtv] Crash of MythMusic

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 15:33:06 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 14:59:50 Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I experience a crash of MythMusic like discussed in
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2557 .
>
> I can reproduce the problem all the time when I'm doing the following:
> 1.) Start MythMusic and play MP3s AND M4A files. (you need two file
> types for the problem)
> 2.) Leave MythMusic
> 3.) Start MythMusic again. When it starts playing it crashes.
>
> My backtrace looks pretty much the same as already in the system.

What version? If head I'd be interested in the backtrace even if it does
appear to point to the same problem.

> In my opinion the mythobservable.patch
> <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/2557/mythobservable.patch>
> is the right solution for the problem,
> but I have not tested it yet. (Will do that as soon as possible)
> Iterating over a list without locking is never a good idea,
> when the list is also used from other threads.
>
> What was the reason that this patch has been removed?

The patch caused problems (deadlocks ?) in every other part of mythtv
basically preventing it from working at all. When I get some free time I'll
try to sort it out - unless someone else figures it out before then.

--
Stuart Morgan