[mythtv] Info: MythTV and QT 3.3.8

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 10:59:32 UTC 2007

On Thursday 8 March 2007 21:38:29 Herbert Graeber wrote:
> Hello MythTV-Developers!
>
> I want to inform you that mythtranscode doesn't work with Qt 3.3.8.
>
> An user of my openSUSE MythTV packages on packman discovered this and file
> a bug on SUSE bug tracker.
>
> Meanwhile SUSE has fixed this issue, but it may last some time until the
> fix will reach the KDE:KDE3 repositiory. I think Dirk Mueller from SUSE has
> send a bug report to Trolltech.
>
> A short description of the problem: Trolltech add a cleanup of the mysql
> (and proably other modules) to the QApplication destructor. If the mysql
> plugin is already unloaded this will relut in a segfault. This happend with
> mythtranscode, but maybe with other programs, too.

The QT bug tracker page for this issue:
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=154194&method=entry

A fix is scheduled for 3.3.9 - As QT 3 reaches end of life in July they may
not release it until then? I expect some packagers will backport a fix if
asked before that release.

--
Stuart Morgan