[mythtv] Crash of MythMusic
stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 10:12:08 UTC 2007
On Thursday 22 March 2007 09:24:24 Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:
> sorry for my late answer, but your mail was in my spam folder...
> I attached my backtrace already in my last mail.
> It was version 0.20 (revsision 12172) on Gentoo.
> I already checked out HEAD from subversion and compiled it,
> but I had no time to test for now.
> I also use MythTV for recording via DVB-T.
> So I can test if I see deadlocks with the patch.
> But first I will test the current version without the patch
> to see if the problem still happens.
> I think so, because the list still isn't lock.
The problem does occur in Head. I've discovered a way to reproduce it easily
so I won't need another backtrace after all.
I think I'll try and fix this at the weekend. Now I'm able to reproduce the
problem it should be a little easier. The locks may be the correct solution,
it certainly shouldn't have been written without locks at least, but I'd like
to work out the exact mechanism behind the problem. It would seem that some
cleanup may be needed when we switch decoders.
More information about the mythtv-dev