[mythtv] Backend crashes... usually after completing commercial flagging

James Dio psunit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:05:30 UTC 2007

I use svn trunk mythtv:

# mythbackend --version
Library API version: 0.20.20070124-1
Source code version: 13099
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_lmsensors using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_ivtv
using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_iptv using_live using_lirc
using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_opengl_vsync using_opengl
using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl

On Gentoo Linux, with qt version 3.3.6 (-r4, but I think the r4 is
gentoo revision). I've recompiled qt to enable debugging and not strip
binaries, same thing with mythtv... hopefully I did it correctly.

I seem to be having two problems. The first one always seems to happen
right after/around commercial flagging and is seen (I hope/think) in
this backtrace:

http://www.psunit.com/oldgdb.txt

I wanted to run gdb again against mythtv overnight and I started up a
bunch of commercial flagging jobs and got this:

http://www.psunit.com/newgdb.txt which seems to be a different story,
but over my head to figure out.

Hopefully this is the right place to put this, and if anyone needs
anything else please let me know and I'll get it -- this has been
driving me a little crazy lately (but thats part of using svn trunk --
so its perfectly fine).

Thanks... Jim