[mythtv] Proposed commercial detector

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Mar 22 22:04:22 UTC 2007

* On Thu Mar 22, 2007 at 04:10:15PM -0400, James Armstrong wrote:
> Isn't the rating info also transmitted on the VBI / CC or on the digital
> mpeg2 stream somewhere? Can this be used instead of detecting the rating
> logo?

I'll sum up comments from all of the umpteen threads that come up every so
often when someone thinks they thought up a new way to detect
commercials... :)

* yes, its in the VBI data

* yes, it's been though of

* no Myth doesn't use it

* because no one has spent the time to work on it

:)

Commercial skip has been working well enough for me lately that I
haven't been motivated to work on it as much as othe things like
Storage Groups, etc. that I have a more immediate need for.  I
don't think there's anything in the experimental branch for ratings
symbol detection either.

--
Chris