[mythtv] Mac MPEG2 hardware acceleration

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:04:31 UTC 2007

On 6/28/06, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > Compiling to test now....   how exactly does one recover from
> > firmware corruption?
>
>         I am not sure if that is the actual problem,
> but when booting my PowerBook often kernel panics,
> something to do with a PCI bus error for the
> AppleAirPort driver, if it boots from either
> of my internal hard disk OS partitions.
> Booting from the hardware test CD,
> or an external drive, is fine.
> Resetting the PMU each boot
> seems to be a workaround.
> Very, very strange.
>

>         I have now worked out that 1080i consistently
> crashes it, but 576i and 576p don't.

Is anyone using the Mac MPEG2 acceleration?     I thought it was not
ready for general usage yet, but a few threads on the accellent
(defyne.org) site made it sound more stable.

Is there anything needed from the Mac/Myth community on this?  Is more
testing of the Myth frontend needed, or is the underlying MPEG2 API
reverse engineering where the work is needed?