[mythtv] mythfrontend on apple tv

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:27:41 UTC 2007

On 3/27/07, Angel Li <angel.li4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I build mythfrontend from the latest svn and copied it to my Apple TV box
> but I got a bus error after the frontend connected to the backend. I assumed
> that it was due to SS3 instructions in the executable so I dumbed down the
> build on my MacBook Pro by using --mtune=pentium-m but still got a bus
> error. Don't have much time to debug this and there are no debugging tools
> on the Apple TV box. Should I try different compiler options?

Hi Angel,

You could try the "--disable-mmx" configure option.   That could at
least show you if it was in fact the vector operations causing the
problem, rather than something in the Qt code or MySQL, etc..

Please keep us updated on your results.  I've been considering picking
up one of those boxes, but I'm assuming it can't do HD MPEG2, so I'm
hesitant.

Have you done any other testing, such as playback of 720p MPEG2 with VLC?