[mythtv] MythWeb xmltvid suggestion

Mattias Holmlund mattias.holmlund at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:14:15 UTC 2007

On 3/27/07, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> Trampas wrote:
> > If there is not way I would like to make the suggestion that some code be
> > added to the mythweb interface which allows you to graphically chose the
> > xmltvid using a drop down list. For example I have in my zap2it listing a
> > channel but I do not know the xmltvid such that I can enter it manually in
> > the mythweb configuration. I would like instead to be able to select the
> > zap2it channel and map to my local channel.
>
> From a drop-down list?  But that would be thousands!

One intermediate step towards a tighter integration between Mythtv and
xmltv would be that myth runs the grabber with --configure to let the
user select which channels to download data for. Then, mythtv runs the
grabber once with --days 1 and parses the output to find which
channels the user wants. It can then present these channels in the
dropdown for each channel and allow the user to map mythtv's channels
to xmltv's channels. This dropdown would only contain as many channels
as the user actually has. Note that the xmltv-file contains entries
for each channel that maps the xmltvid to a more friendly name, so the
user does not have to see the xmltvid.

/Mattias

--
Mattias Holmlund