[mythtv] Proposed workaround for scheduling problem with overlapped recording rules (bug #3242)

Subbyz subbyz at kinison.puremagic.com
Thu Mar 29 06:39:31 UTC 2007

I just posted a followup on bug #3242 to workaround the issue where the
scheduler fails to consider any but the first (lowest recordid) recording
rule that matches a potential program.

For easy reference, here's the bug: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3242

As my note on the bug indicates, the proposed workaround is not perfect as
it only adds a check for the rule priority to make a better choice in
allocating the program, but it's a lot better than the current state.
Unfortunately, doing it "right" requires info that does not appear to
currently be in the ProgramInfo struct.  But it's a good addition anyway
even if a better fix is found.

Thanks.

Subbyz