[mythtv] H.264 Video Phone + Myth?

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 1 16:49:56 UTC 2007

Nathan Allen Stratton wrote:
> So the issue is we can use several SIP H.264 video phones but we can't put
> any custom code on them. We have built a sip video server that we access
> from the phone with a speed dial number. We then can control playback
> with DTMF 5 is play pause, 4 rewind, 6 fast forward as an example. I am
> looking for some dev guys to extend this concept with Myth. Myth would
> output to a frame buffer that would be converted to H.264 by our
> application. We would then need to map DTMF to myth control via lircd or
> someting like that. We would need to hack myth quite a bit to make it
> work, so that is where I am looking for help.

This sounds really interesting but unf. something I can't really help
with (both time and abilities!).

I still think making myth output to a RFB is not the right approach but
I can't say why I get that feeling... I guess it does have several
advantages, but I still feel that creating a new "frontend" that creates
the UI directly and streams it feels more correct. Perhaps using some of
the upnp support in the backend? I really don't know what I'm talking
about here...... :D

Col