[mythtv] Zoom -vs- Aspect -- need a custom setting

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 4 18:15:26 UTC 2007

On 05/04/2007 01:33 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 12:50 -0400, David Frascone wrote:
>
>> I have more than one High Def tuner.  I have a HDHomerun, and I also get
>> HD via Firewire off of my cable box.  The HD from HDHomerun becomes
>> nicely fullscreen at a 4:3 zoom (or a fill)
> <snip>
>
> It sounds like your xorg.conf is missconfigured.
> Now that you know the basic problem, search the users mailing
> list, this has been discussed there a few times.

Daniel, David had mentioned making a change to allow custom aspect
ratios and I recommended that before he code any changes he ask for
input from you regarding your desire/plan to separate zoom from aspect
ratio.

So, if you can give him a quick overview of the direction you'd like to
go, he might be able to contribute some patches.

I already linked him to

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/210598#210598
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/210577#210577

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/240097#240097