[mythtv] Strange SVN behaviour with /libs/libmythtv/dvbdev and reverting to a previous revision

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Sat May 5 15:05:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why my CAM is no longer working (used to work
fine, and no isn't), so I thought I would revert back to a SVN that I know
works (to see if it's Myth or a kernel module that's changed).

I know it worked at the end of last year, so I found what revision
corresponded to then (12360) and tried to check out that revision.  I used
both the

$ svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv -r12360

and a time method

$ svn checkout --revision {"2006-12-31 15:30"}
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv

but both times - only some files revert to where they were pre-2007.  For
example /libs/libmythtv/dvbcam.cpp is correct, but
/libs/libmythtv/dvbdev/dvbci.cpp is incorrect (same as current svn).

even stranger - when I go to the trac website :
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dvbdev

and click on (say)
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dvbdev/dvbci.cpp?rev=9088
which should show me the code as at 9088, I instead get the current code.
Requesting a 'view changes' shows me the correct changes.

So - I'm stumped.  Is there a problem with the svn database, or am I missing
something obvious?

Thanks!
Nikos