[mythtv] Building MythTV under Cygwin

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 6 04:22:44 UTC 2007

On 05/05/2007 07:33 PM, Andrei Tanas wrote:
> are there plans on
> migrating to qt 4?

AIUI, when "the time is right"--i.e. when QT4 is available on the
majority of distros on which Myth is run.

>  Are there specific issues preventing from reworking
> the code to make it compatible with qt 3 and 4?

Nope.  Just waiting until QT4 is ubiquitous.

>  Is all UI code in
> libmythui? How hard would it be to switch to v.4 maintaining backward
> compatibility?

Not hard, just mainly tedious, but unless you plan to keep up patches
for quite some time, you may want to consider waiting until the time is
deemed "right" before starting work on the conversion.  (I would guess
that the chance of the time being right before 0.21 is released is about
0--regardless of how common QT4 happens to be.  Chances are we'll have
at least one more major version supporting/requiring QT3.)

Mike