[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Thu May 10 23:50:21 UTC 2007

On 5/10/07, Jean-Philippe Steinmetz <caskater47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The site will cater to the end-user not the development team. The home page
> should have a brief overview of what is contained in the about us section
> describing the mythtv as a product, including a basic feature set, a link
> for the download page and help information. In a side note somewhere can be
> a link to project related information such as Trac for developers and those
> wanting more detailed information. The point is that development related
> information on the home page and within the main structure is not necessary
> and for many people turns them away as they feel they don't understand it.
> The average person just wants something to work and they don't care how it
> does it. I will try to come up with a mockup of a UI I think would be
> fitting of the project some time in the next few days.
>
> Jean-Philippe

Personally, I've heard Myth described as 'A PVR by developers for
developers', and with that in mind, gaining users or a market share or
the like isn't really the goal. The goal is more to get other people
to play with the code and make it into something great, not become the
most used app in the world or anything like that.

just my thoughts.

~Rob