[mythtv] dvb-c scanning problems

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Fri May 11 18:16:26 UTC 2007

hello,

i've some trouble with transponder scans on my dvb-c network.

My provider broadcasts wrong NIT(-other) data, it comes directly from
satelit and therefore is completely wrong for my cable-network.
Also scanning with a correctely prefilled dtv_multiplex list breaks all
channels and destroys the multiplex list (all mutiplexes are updated
with wrong [dvb-s] data).
The multiplexes will be overwritten cause the get_dtv_multiplex() (used
inside insert_dtv_multiplex to find existing) method dont respect the
modulation parameter for dvb. For users with DVB-c _and_ DVB-s cards
this should be fixed too.

Whats now the best way to solve this? Make it switchable (enable/disable
of NIT-processing)? Or better to check if NIT informations are for the
same network type what we are scanning and drop the NIT informations if
it was for another type?

For the latter i've taken a look into SIScan::HandleNIT(), here this
could be handled. But i don't know how to detect which
network-scan-type is currently running to skip the
ChannelUtil::CreateMultiplexes() call if desc.DescriptorTag() was
different.
HandleNIT seems to be called thru QT-Events, but don't find from which
place. Can someone give me a hint?

Whats the general way for scanning dvb-[cst] with an empty mulitplex
list from users-point of view?
I think it would be nice to support the transponder lists from dvb-utils
package and let the user choose a transponder list based on his region.

--
Markus Schulz