[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz caskater47 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:31:06 UTC 2007

I actually intended to have two mockups done for you. One of the main page
and another of the sub-level pages. Unfortunately I needed to get to bed. So
i'll describe what I envisioned as level two of the design. For sub-topic
pages you would have the same masthead and menu bar. There will be a column
with approx 100-150px width to hold the sub-level menu in one of the rounded
boxes and any subsequent boxes for quick information. This will be
immediately under the top menu and to the left. To the right of this first
column would immediately sit breadcrumbs (not contained in any box). Then
below the breadcrumbs will sit a large box that takes up the rest of the
page. This is where the content of the page goes. For pages like news, each
news item can have its own box. The design can further be extended to a
3-column design with the sides taking up 100-150px each and the center
taking up the remaining amount of real estate.

Jean-Philippe