[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue May 15 05:56:37 UTC 2007

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz wrote:
> I've made a couple (very minor) updates to the original design:
> http://caskater4.khram.com/MythTV.org_D1_TopLevel.png

Nice change to make things a bit more subtle.

> As well as added the second-level design:
> http://caskater4.khram.com/MythTV.org_D1_SubLevel.png

Though I like the overall lookfeel of the mockup, the elements
(particularly the breadcrumb) are too disconnected.  There's nothing
connecting related things (like the breadcrumb and the main menu) or
differentiating them from the "page content", which leads my eyes to
skip around, drawn to each element equally, rather than toward the main
content on the page.

Works fine for a main page where each section should be weighted more or
less evenly, but not when you have to deal with a submenu and a breadcrumb.

Also, I feel that I should inquire about the licensing on the artwork
you use in the top section.

-Chris