[mythtv] No Auto-shutdown if started for wakeup period. Scheduler change required.

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Sun May 20 02:39:23 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Sat May 19, 2007 at 09:39:07PM +1000, Matt Doran wrote:
>
>> Chris Pinkham, the scheduler is your area, what do you think?   We could
>> call "mythshutdown --startup", or refactor that code to be called
>> directly from the scheduler?
>>

> Scheduler is David Engel's area actually.  I think he'll say the same
> thing here though so I'm probably safe in responding.... :)
>
> I don't think we want to call 'mythshutdown --startup' from within the
> scheduler, we'd rather move that common check code into libmythtv
> somewhere and call the common code from the scheduler and mythshutdown.

Hi Chris,

I've whipped up a patch.   I didn't bother moving code into a common
library, because all it does it to check to see whether we're close to
the scheduled auto-startup time as saved in the DB.  It's only a few
lines of code, and didn't seem worth it.   It works well for me and is
low risk.

Patch change log:

    Fix auto-start detection in scheduler to consider the mythwelcome's
    wakeup periods.  This allowing the machine to auto-shutdown after
    being started for a wakeup period.  It also means that the
    startupCommand is called with "auto" parameter when started for a
    wakeup period (and not just a recording).

Think this looks ok?   Should I create an issue to track the patch?

--Matt