[mythtv] advice wanted - building my own remote control

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:02:00 UTC 2007

On 5/11/07, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:

> David Asher wrote:
> > what about a thumbwheel for volume control...  that might be cool.
> >
> > David.
> >

> the advantage of an encoder is that there are no endstops.

This sounds like a neat project.  I suggest that the remote's receiver
should connect to the computer as a USB HID (human interface device)
keyboard.  This would remove any required software setup that 99% of the
remotes on the market require.  Personally I think lirc is a horrible
program.  Way too complex for what it actually does.