[mythtv] Need help catching a segfault in mythbackend?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 22 22:18:07 UTC 2007

On 05/22/2007 05:25 PM, voidtrance at comcast.net wrote:
> From: "Michael T. Dean"
>
>> On 05/22/2007 12:36 PM, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
>>
>>> As a side note, it might be helpful to include a paragraph in the
>>> "Debugging with GDB" section of the documentation on setting up a
>>> machine to dump core files. This could prove useful in the future.
>>>
>> I'm sure Robert would love to see the text you write up.  He takes plain
>> text or patches to the SGML.  :)
> Aparently, what I did to generate a core file did work, I just did not look at the correct spot.
>
> Where do I send the write up to?

You can post it here (or in -users) for comments or just create a new
ticket and attach the text to the ticket (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo ) along with a description
of where it should appear in the HOWTO.  Please try to keep it as
generic as possible or at least make comments when behavior is
distribution-specific and specify which distro you're describing.

Oh, and, please make sure you address where the core file ends up, too.  :)

Thanks,
Mike