[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Wed May 23 20:09:12 UTC 2007

On 23/05/07, Maryau Jeune <maryau at mailbound.net> wrote:

>  I placed a 4th design on http://mjeune.awardspace.com.  I toned it down a
> lot and did away with the human figure, as well as the metallic surfaces
> (except in the logo).  Also did away with the big fonts and added more text
> in the splash area.  I used the green and blue tones in the screen shot that
> appears in the monitor for the links, the logo, the buttons, the splash
> background image and the menu background color.
>
> Maryau

Very nice!

Perhaps you could try messing with the seperator lines between the menu
items on the left hand menu. Maybe toning down the white, or only having
lines under each main section. Nothing actually wrong with it, just lots of
white lines makes it look a little disjointed and hard to read. Also the
double '>>' on each item detracts from the readability of the text, trying
replacing it with a (don't really like them but) bullet point, or removing
them completely. The indentation alone should signal it's a submenu option.

Again just my thoughts, I like the picture in the monitor!

James