[mythtv] Suggestion to enhance recording time options

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Fri May 25 21:37:33 UTC 2007

I have mention this suggestion in the myth-user list but was recommended to post here too .
In order to create a more flexible recording options I think if we can combine the "custom
recording rules" to the normal scheduler this would allow un-limited options to record

eg if I create a rule called "Only Prime-time" and the schedule allowed me to apply it to
any recording.
Other rules like only on "Wed Evening" or whatever rule which currently not catered for in
the current set. Not sure whats required to allow this under the covers but I would expect
would need to combine SQL clauses etc..

The other option would be to have some more Popular rules added to MythTV which would
address these issues too.

thanks