[mythtv] mythvideo ffw/rwd not smooth and sound disable

Bill level42 at sympatico.ca
Sun May 27 00:23:05 UTC 2007

For mpg files, the internal player will play sound bites as it fast forwards or rewinds.  I would like to provide an option to disable this in the code.  Can someone point me in the right direction in the code?  I haven't been able to find it yet, found where the ffw/rwd occurs but haven't figured out the sound part yet.

I find that ffw/rwd is not smooth at all, very jumping, hoping disabling the sound will fix this as I see lots of "NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!"  Besides I don't want the sound anyway.

Also TV recordings and DVD images (ISO) are smooth on ffw/rwd; there is no sound during ffw/rwd also no sound error messages.  I have not been able to find in the in the code why there would be sound for mpg but not for other types.

Any help would be appreciated