[mythtv] mythvideo ffw/rwd not smooth and sound disable

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun May 27 16:30:14 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 11:49 -0400, Bill wrote:

> By jumping I mean it ffw's for a few seconds, then pauses for a second
> or two, then ffw's a few seconds, etc.  Recordings and DVD ISOs are
> smooth.   A DVB recording played by through "view recordings" is
> smooth and no sound is played.  But if I take the same file (mpg) and
> put it under mythvideo, ffw is jerking as described above with sound
> and with the error messages "NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio
> > buffer overflow, audio data lost!".     From what I understand about
> mythtv and reviewing the code, the same internal player is used for
> playback of both.  So what causes the file to be treated differently
> by mythtv when treated as a TV recording as compared to mythvideo mpg?
> I do not see in the code where the differentiation is made.  Is it
> "Videos typically have no seek table whereas recordings created with
> mythtv"

Please turn of HTML in your e-mail program.

The reason the ff/rew are jumpy is because you haven't generated
a keyframe map for these videos, search the user's mailinglist
for directions on how to use mythcommflag to generate these.

The audio being played when you run ff/rew is a bug, from the
description it sounds like a MythTV bug.

-- Daniel