[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14781 - in trunk/mythtv by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Nov 1 02:54:44 UTC 2007

Hi David.

> Mediarenderer should not be moved to libmythupnp.
> It's specific to mythfrontend

At the moment, but once I do the final changes,
any MythContext using program can use it.

> and would cause problems if other applications used it at the
> same time.

Just because of the server port duplication, yes?

Assuming that two programs
(say, mythwelcome and mythfrontend)
were to start up at the same time,
the first one would create the renderer,
and the second would fail.

I will be adding code to destroy the
first program's renderer once it has
got the ConnectionInfo via UPnP.

That should mean that the second program
can then be restarted , and it can have
its minute in the UPnP renderer spotlight.

> Also, I kept masterselection out of the libmythupnp because it
> contains UI
> code.  I'm trying to keep the upnp library a pure protocol
> implementation.

Fair enough. Putting it in libmyth if the other option.
I will revert that change now.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|Well, I own the hotel
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | and I also live in it.