[mythtv] OSX Compile fails on has_altivec ld error

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Nov 19 10:08:35 UTC 2007

>> Compiling 14901 right now.  I'll respond back in an hour or so.
>>
> grrr...   So, same error.   I tried running configure myself to get
> the
> output in the root of the mythtv folder.

Sensible, although osx-packager.pl runs configure with
some environemnt variables, and extra args to configure.

Doing osx-packager.pl as normal will generate the files
that you need in the root of the mythtv folder. e.g.:
.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/config.{h,mak}

Best thing would be to compare our configure output.
Mail me/us these files.

> I got an error on the endian test.   Here's the output of config.err
>
> $ ./configure
> endian test failed

OK, I think that one is due to running
configure without --disable-distcc

As a comparison, here is my relevant configure output:

[osx-pkg] ./configure --prefix=/Volumes/MythBuild/.osx-packager/build
--enable-backend --disable-distcc

# Input Support
Joystick menu             default
lirc support              no
Apple Remote              yes
Video4Linux sup.          no
ivtv support              no
FireWire support          no
DVB support               no [/usr/src/linux-8.10.1/include]
DBox2 support             yes
HDHomeRun support         yes
IPTV support              yes

# Sound Output Support
OSS support               no
ALSA support              no
aRts support              no
JACK support              no

# Video Output Support
x11 support               no
xrandr support            no
xv support                no
XvMC support              no
XvMC VLD support          no
XvMC pro support          no
XvMC OpenGL sup.          no
OpenGL video              no
Mac acceleration          no
OpenGL vsync              no
DirectFB                  no

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| All science is;
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | either Physics,