[mythtv] OSX Compile fails on has_altivec ld error

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Wed Nov 21 01:18:59 UTC 2007

Nigel Pearson wrote:
>>> Compiling 14901 right now.  I'll respond back in an hour or so.
>>>

>> grrr...   So, same error.   I tried running configure myself to get
>> the
>> output in the root of the mythtv folder.
>>

> Sensible, although osx-packager.pl runs configure with
> some environemnt variables, and extra args to configure.
>
> Doing osx-packager.pl as normal will generate the files
> that you need in the root of the mythtv folder. e.g.:
> .osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/config.{h,mak}
>
> Best thing would be to compare our configure output.
> Mail me/us these files.

So, I'm sent another reply, but it is being held for moderation.
Apparently, the email was a bit too big with the configure attachments.
Anyway, I edited the OSX-Packager.

  'mythtv'

  =>  [

        '--prefix=' . $PREFIX,

        '--disable-opengl-video',

        '--disable-opengl-vsync',

        # To "cross compile" something for a lesser Mac:

        #'--tune=G3',

        #'--disable-altivec',

      ],

);

I got past the GL errors, but now I'm hung up in MythMusic.

rm -f libmythmusic.dylib

g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-search_paths_first -flat_namespace -undefined error -bundle -o libmythmusic.dylib cdrip.o decoder.o flacdecoder.o flacencoder.o maddecoder.o main.o mainvisual.o metadata.o playbackbox.o playlist.o streaminput.o encoder.o dbcheck.o synaesthesia.o treecheckitem.o vorbisdecoder.o lameencoder.o vorbisencoder.o visualize.o bumpscope.o globalsettings.o databasebox.o genres.o metaio.o metaiotaglib.o vcedit.o metaiooggvorbiscomment.o metaioflacvorbiscomment.o metaioavfcomment.o filters.o goom_core.o graphic.o tentacle3d.o ifs.o ifs_display.o lines.o surf3d.o zoom_filter_mmx.o zoom_filter_xmmx.o mythgoom.o avfdecoder.o editmetadata.o smartplaylist.o search.o treebuilders.o importmusic.o directoryfinder.o filescanner.o libvisualplugin.o cddecoder-darwin.o moc_cdrip.o moc_databasebox.o moc_mainvisual.o moc_metadata.o moc_playbackbox.o moc_streaminput.o moc_globalsettings.o moc_editmetadata.o moc_smartplaylist.o moc_search.o moc_importmusic.o moc_directoryfinder.o  -L/nobackup/myth/.osx-packager/build/lib -L/usr/lib -L/nobackup/myth/.osx-packager/build/lib -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -Wl,-framework,Cocoa -lmad -ltag -logg -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -lFLAC -lmp3lame -lmyth-0.20 -lmythui-0.20 -lmythavutil-0.20 -lmythavcodec-0.20 -lmythavformat-0.20 -lqt-mt -framework OpenGL -framework AGL

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:

av_register_all()

av_open_input_file(AVFormatContext**, char const*, AVInputFormat*, int, AVFormatParameters*)

av_close_input_file(AVFormatContext*)

av_estimate_timings(AVFormatContext*, long long)

av_find_stream_info(AVFormatContext*)

av_mallocz(unsigned int)

av_read_play(AVFormatContext*)

avcodec_open(AVCodecContext*, AVCodec*)

guess_format(char const*, char const*, char const*)

av_new_stream(AVFormatContext*, int)

av_read_frame(AVFormatContext*, AVPacket*)

av_seek_frame(AVFormatContext*, int, long long, int)

av_set_parameters(AVFormatContext*, AVFormatParameters*)

avcodec_decode_audio(AVCodecContext*, short*, int*, unsigned char*, int)

avcodec_find_decoder(CodecID)

av_free(void*)

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [libmythmusic.dylib] Error 1

make[1]: *** [sub-mythmusic] Error 2

make: *** [sub-mythmusic] Error 2

[osx-pkg] Failed system call: " /usr/bin/make  " with error code 2

Died at /nobackup/myth/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/contrib/OSX/osx-packager.pl line 907.