[mythtv] Video Sources - time to call them what they are?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 21 18:04:21 UTC 2007

Justin Hornsby wrote:
> Regarding the fact 'TV Guide' is a trademarked name - isn't 'Windows'
> also trademarked?  What am I supposed to say when I want to tell
> somebody I've been looking out at the world through the
> rectangular-shaped portals in my house? ;)

You call them 'windows', or 'Windows' if that word is the first one in a
sentence. Just do not attempt to sell operating system software called
by the same name.

Micro$oft does not *OWN* the word, they have a trade mark on the use of
the word to describe a particular product.

Or were you really worried that using Windex on the Windows of your
house would provide a legal window of opportunity for the Windows
lawyers to win the chance to winnow your bank account...?

Geoff