[mythtv] missing scale mode "fill"

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Nov 25 22:10:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 22:42 +0100, Markus Schulz wrote:
> I'm missing the zoom mode "fill".
>
> It was my favorite cause:(for 16/9 display)
>  - letterboxed 16/9 was scaled full size fine
>  - displays fine 16/9 anamorph coded streams
>  - 4/3 was scaled too with a sacrifice at top/bottom (was no problem for
> me).
>
> Why it was removed?

This was discussed a few months ago. The precomputed zooms ("W") and
video aspect ratio overrides ("Ctrl-W") were separated out on to
different keys so that more zoom options could be added without
making the roundabout any longer. And also, so that the zooms useful
to everyone could be accessed without aspect overrides getting in
the way, which are only useful to the few people who receive analog
16:9 anamorphic broadcasts. Also another aspect ratio override was
added for 14:9 broadcasts (BBC compromise aspect ratio on some
programs). If these two different functions were still combined under
one key you would need to list nine different modes now.

-- Daniel