[mythtv] playbackbox periodically jumps to the bottom of the title list

Dan Wilson dwilson at dslextreme.com
Wed Nov 28 05:44:00 UTC 2007

When scrolling through recordings, the playbackbox sometimes jumps from where I am in the list down to the bottom of the list (or within 3 or 4 entries from the bottom).  I set about debugging this behavior, and have traced it to invocation of the PlaybackBox::listChanged function.

As far as I understand it, this function is attached to the fillListTimer and invoked on a timeout condition.

What would cause this timer to expire and invoke the function, and what is the expected behavior when this happens (since I am pretty sure that jumping towards the bottom of the current title list isn't it)?

I will continue to try to unravel this and understand the problem, but any pointers or guidance that anyone could give is greatly appreciated!

I am running svn 14913, but have been seeing this behavior intermittently since moving from stable to svn.

Thanks,

Dan.