[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14964 - in trunk/mythtv by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Nov 29 01:28:01 UTC 2007

> Nigel, this causes my backend not to use the database on the localhost
> but instead connect to another database on the network.

Hmmm. Unless there is a config.xml to tell it otherwise,
the code is meant to try localhost first. Honest!

bool MythContextPrivate::FindDatabase(const bool prompt, const bool
noPrompt)
     // 1. Load either mysql.txt, or use sensible "localhost" defaults:
     LoadDatabaseSettings();

     // 2. If the user isn't forcing up the chooser UI, look for a
default
     //    backend in config.xml, then test DB settings we've got so
far:
     if (!manualSelect)
     {
         // config.xml may contain a backend host UUID and PIN.
         // If so, try to AutoDiscover UPnP server, and use its DB
settings:

         if (DefaultUPnP(failure))                // Probably a valid
backend,
             autoSelect = manualSelect = false;   // so disable any
further UPnP
         else
             VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, failure);

         failure = TestDBconnection();
         if (failure.isEmpty())
             goto DBfound;

That TestDBconnection() should have used the localhost
settings in mysql.txt, and given you the right DB?

I don't suppose you still have the program output?

> I presume it wouldn't be affected because "-d" makes it ignore
> the whole UPnP stuff.

At the moment, -d only ignores the backend chooser.
UPnP auto discovery will still try to connect.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  4  8
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | 15 16