[mythtv] Transcode problem?

Harry Dellicker hdellicker_boeing at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 30 15:33:59 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm new to the developers list but not new to myth which I have been
using for a couple of years.

I am running (perhaps ill advisedly) the svn trunk code on my production
machine.

I have noticed during the past month or so that transcoded files have
roughly doubled in size from what they used to be.  I have always run
transcode in the "Auto-detect" mode.  Files that used to average about
0.75 GB / hour of regular definition TV now take up about 1.44 GB / hour.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is it a bug or a design change?  Is there
any way to get back to the previous behavior?

If I try to run transcode explicitly in "Medium" or "Low" mode it
immediately errors out.  It will only run in "Auto-detect" or "High."

Regards,
Harry Dellicker