[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager for large libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Mon Oct 1 20:28:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:07:37 -0700, "San Mehat"
<san.mehat at gmail.com> said:
> Scott,
>
>   At he moment I'm focusing on the 'guts'. My initial UI plan was to
>   make it similar to the current file browser although with a bit more
>   'goodness'. My understanding is that there is a lot of refactoring
>   going on in libmythui, so perhaps you can get some insight from
>   whomever is working on the new widgets.
>
>   I welcome your assistance in planning work-flow.

Will additional meta data be available on the new backend? For large
collections I would like to have different browse by views. For example
I would like to browse by rating, actor, director, year, or oscar
winner. I think you also suggested a way to browse by recent playback.