[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager for large libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

San Mehat san.mehat at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:01:33 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, Scott <list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc> wrote:

> Will additional meta data be available on the new backend? For large
> collections I would like to have different browse by views. For example
> I would like to browse by rating, actor, director, year, or oscar
> winner. I think you also suggested a way to browse by recent playback.

No, you will not be able to bind a tag to a 'type' of meta-data. However,
all your videos will be tagged with the names of the directors, years, and
ratings...so you can create a 'view' on whichever specific actor, but you
will not be able to 'sort' persay. You *can* change the display order of the
'views' and even chain views to the right by parenting them to other views.

-san