[mythtv] scheduled recordings mysteriously not recording?

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Tue Oct 2 15:37:42 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, davatar <davatar at comcast.net> wrote:
> I haven't seen a scheduler issue in years, but recently using svn 14478
> (Sept 10th, for schedules direct) I've been noticing that recordings that
> are scheduled for recording mysteriously just disappear when they are
> scheduled, with nothing notable in the log. Also once or twice recordings
> seem to stop early, i.e. 38 out of 62 minutes, also with nothing out of the
> ordinary in the logs. I can't find any list traffic about it either. Anyone
> else?
>
> This may have been happening for a while, but now "important" shows are on,
> like Heroes tonight, which I am sure was scheduled to record this afternoon
> in HD.

Oddly enough I had a Heroes problem last night as well, first problem
I've noticed in a long time. In my case, two of my 9pm shows (Heroes
and Two and a Half Men) both mysteriously decided to start recording
at 9:03pm. The log on the master backend shows the recordings picking
up and starting at 9:03 as if that's when they were scheduled. It's
almost like the master backend "forgot" about them and realized it 3
minutes later.

My system is slightly newer than yours, trunk rev 14495. Master
backend controls two tuners on an HDHR (Comcast QAM), plus two slave
backends (one with PVR 150 for dish net, the other with pcHDTV 3000 to
get OTA broadcasts). The late recordings were on the QAM inputs. Oddly
enough, a 3rd recording at 9pm, Mind of Mencia, started on time. It
however was on the PVR150  input since the digital inputs were all
busy with more important shows.