[mythtv] Need help with Password dialog using OSD

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 3 21:11:52 UTC 2007

On 10/03/2007 04:44 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 15:55 -0400, Sarat Vemuri wrote:
>>
>>> Working on implementing some sort of parental controls.  I think I got it
>>> for recorded programs.  Now I am working on Live TV.
> Perhaps it would be nice to extend MythThemedMenu[Private] to allow
> requiring a password to select a menu item. ...
>
> Want to keep the kids from destroying your heavily tweaked recording
> priorities or even worse deleting a recording, just set a pin on that
> menu item.  Until we get true multi-user and permissions this could be
> an easy interim solution.

Note that there is also another person who has started looking into the
parental controls capability and may, in fact, be working towards
implementing "true multi-user and permissions" capabilities.  See the
entire thread at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/288155#288155 .

Sarat, perhaps you may want to find out where Doug (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?user=15335;list=mythtv )
has gone with his changes and/or see about working with Doug.

Mike