[mythtv] Trouble adding mouse support in MythVideo VideoManager

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Oct 4 08:21:23 UTC 2007

> Specifically, I would like the movie list to be "clickable".  It appears
> the m_video_list object is where the mouse press should be
> calculated/handled.

Not there, that is just a VideoList which is an interface for managing the
video list across various views.

> It appears, though, a new container and list are
> created in the updateMovieList member of VideoManager, used to draw the
> items, then dropped.

It retrieves the container that was created when parsing the theme (not
really created/dropped). Same basic idea though, things which the list
should just do are currently done by the outer container (cursor up/down,
select, etc).

Ideally, the list would be signaling when something important happened (like
select/click), it doesn't work that way currently.

--
Anduin Withers