[mythtv] Trouble adding mouse support in MythVideo VideoManager

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Fri Oct 5 06:28:42 UTC 2007

Daniel Burr wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 07:53 +0100, Allan Stirling wrote:
>> There was an attempt during the google Summer of Code to do
>> part of the MythUI migration. This project did produce some
>> code, however, the results were not considered "close
>> enough" to where Isaac was wanting to go with it to use.
>
> Hi Allan,
>
> Can you provide links to this code?  Is it all available via the
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/mythui branch or is it
> available in tarball form?  I am trying to port my plugin to MythUI and
> have found that certain UI elements (especially UIListType) still need
> to be ported.  I don't mind doing it myself but I'd rather not duplicate
> the work if it's already been done by someone else.
>
> DB

Yes, all the work that was submitted (as far as I am aware)
is in that branch. However, in a few people's judgement so
far, it would not be committable without a good deal of work.

In my opinion, you may be better off reinventing the wheel
in this case :(

Isaac has said previously that if someone was willing to
take responsibility for the MythUI branch, they could
possibly be given access commit access to it.

Cheers,

Allan.