[mythtv] Backend AutoDiscovery

MythTV mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Oct 9 21:30:50 UTC 2007

Nigel Pearson wrote:
> Pressing ESC on the Autodiscovery screen brought me to the actual
>> mythfrontend but without a connection to the BE.
>>

> Try Enter. The item "Do Not Connect To MythBackend"
> should probably read "Use mysql.txt to determine backend"

Hello, I just upgraded to a recent version of trunk ( 14618 ) on Fedora
7 x86_64.  Previously, I was running trunk from about 1.5 months ago.  I
am now seeing a few issues with autodiscovery.

Issues:
1) I have two remote frontends.  Neither seem to be able to locate the
mythbackend using the search functionality.  I can choose 'Do Not
Connect To MythBackend' via the keyboard and continue on but since it
can't locate the backend, it asks at every start.  The machine has a
valid mysql.txt.

2) Full screen
I run a frontend on my desktop computer.  It runs windowed.  However,
the chooser for autodiscovery doesn't seem to run windowed but rather
always full screen.

3) No remote support.  I can't navigate the chooser to select 'Do Not
Connect....' via my remote.  It forces me to get out a keyboard for the
HTPC in the living room.  Is it supposed to support lirc or is it just
assumed you would need to run this once and a keyboard would suffice?

Any thoughts on how to get around this?  I have read all I could find in
the mailing list without a solution.

Thanks for any help.

Michael