[mythtv] Best way to integrate channel-lineups

Christian Wattengård cwattengard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:11:25 UTC 2007

I come bringing greetings from the XMLTV-lair :)

We are currently pondering the possibility to add lineup-grabbing to
the xmltv-project. We haven't decided on anything specific yet, and I
haven't actually asked anyone else if it's okay for me to bother all
of you with this mail. But the whole "mythfilldatabase --manual"
sequence is FUBAR and is a major usability obstacle IMO.

So from a myth-developers point of view, what would be the easiest way
to make this go as smoothly as possible. The ultimate goal beeing that
the setup only asks for country and provider info (provider name and
zip-code for example, but this could very possibly be different from
grabber to grabber) and all channel-mappings and stuff like that gets
automaticaly sorted out.

Any suggestions?

Christian W.
Guidefeed (tv_grab_no_gfeed)