[mythtv] ffmpeg sync

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Oct 12 12:04:05 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 11:47:57 Nick F wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
> > the next ffmpeg sync is overdue and working H.264 PAFF (since 9th
> > of october) in ffmpeg is an exellent opportunity.
>
> Great news.  A quick (potentially dumb) question before I test the
> patch tonight.  Will this also support MBAFF as used in BBC HD
> H.264transmissions, or is is just PAFF?

MBAFF is even without the patch supported though MBAFF and spatial
direct isn't.

> My one, and only, HD station is BBC HD via DVB-S, and I'd love to get
> it working.  I tried last night (before this patch) on trunk svn
> 14660, and it was 'almost' playing smoothly - so hoping this might
> push me over the edge.

If it were PAFF the frontend would have segfaulted in seconds. There are
some general improvements in h264 decoding speed which might be enough,
the multithreaded decoder scales good as long the stream uses multiple
slices and and the supported deblocking types.

Janne