[mythtv] ffmpeg sync

Ben Dailey ben at inspiredtechs.com
Sun Oct 14 03:14:44 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the next ffmpeg sync is overdue and working H.264 PAFF (since 9th of
> october) in ffmpeg is an exellent opportunity.
>
> Almost 2000 revisions passed since the last merge and noteable changes
> beside PAFF are the updated ac3 decoder, dca decoder and slice-based
> parallelism in the H.264 decoder.
> With both H.264 changes playback of H.264 HDTV as used in Europe should
> be possible on most dual core processors. A 15mbit 1080p stream plays
> on a Athlon64 X2 2ghz with using between 50 and 70% cpu.
>
> There are tons of other changes (ape and atrac3 decoder, nut and
> matroska muxer, much cleanup and file splitting, ...) but those aren't
> that relevant to mythtv.
>
> The patch compiles cleanly on x86 and x86_64. Mpeg2 and H.264 recordings
> seems be without regressions. Plugins compiled fine but aren't tested.
>
> Please test and report any problems. Patches apply with -p2.
>
> http://www.grunau.be/ffmpeg_sync_10712_14666_0.diff.bz2
>
> simple multithreaded patch, threading must be enabled
> with --enable-ffmpeg-pthreads.
> http://www.grunau.be/0001-enable-multithreaded-video-stream-decoding.patch
>

> I still have some things to do before the patch can be applied:
> test plugins, especially dvd playback
> merge libavformat/mpegts.c many conflicts, is still r8742 plus our
> modifications
> review configure changes
> test ppc altivec build
>
> Janne

Janne,

Patches applied cleanly and compiled. Is there a particular reason
--disable-audio-oss was removed from configure? It also seems that
MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC codec did not build. I received a message about could not
open codec MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC followed by a seg fault when trying to watch a
1080 ATSC recording.

Let me know what additional testing or info I can provide to you.

HTH,
Ben