[mythtv] 6100 series STB boxes - FOUND THE PROBLEM!

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:34:59 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting update - apparently this has to do with the CCI bit problem!
> See below post from the mythtv-users digest and my response at the bottom

>  5. The CCI bit on every channel that is blocked is set to 0x02, and on
> every channel that works it's set to 0x00.

So basically the problem is one of the two things I said to check when
I replied on 10/3 when you first posted about this problem.  0x02 is
copy-once protection, which means the STB will only pass out the
signal in a form that is readable by devices that honor the copy-once
restriction.  0x00 is copy-always, i.e. no protection.

-Jerry