[mythtv] Changeset [14771] "Reduce excessive re-parsing of database settings" brakes backend

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Tue Oct 30 16:59:43 UTC 2007

Changeset [14771] that affects db settings / hostnames shomehow brakes
my backend. With that changeset e.g. all recording schedules (or
recorders) are "off-line", similarly when using MythWeb Upcoming
recordings show all the planned recordings but none are "active",
backend status page is empty etc.

I have setup where I have one master backend, myth-setup has the real IP
of the machine in those two places where IP address is set. mysql.txt
has the line "LocalHostName" commented away and DBHostName is set to
localhost.

Please ask if more info is needed..
--
   Otto