[mythtv] DVB-S with no SDT / NIT tables

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Oct 30 22:36:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, October 29, 2007 7:24 pm, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> On Mon, October 29, 2007 2:23 pm, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>
>>> No PCR also ?
>>
>> If the STB requires a PCR they usually just enter the Video PID.
>>

> Do you have sync between the audio and video ?

Yes when played with VLC or Mplayer

> Why don't you upload a small sample clip, say something of the order less
> than 10 megs

Do you want the full TS stream, or just a pair of av pids?

>>> But it sounds quite weird that a TS is generated the way it is
>>> mentioned.
>>
>> Yes it is a little odd. You occasionally see this on some DVB-S
>> transponders that are used for feeds.
>>

> Ah, ok that is more clear. You are talking about the case of some DSNG
> slots.
>
> Btw, which all DVB cards do lock to these reliably with rolloff=0.20 as
> opposed
> to the normal 0.35 (under Linux) ? The feeds i had looked at had a 20%
> rolloff.
> You are looking at similar ones ?

What do you mean by DVB rolloff? I have no issues locking onto some of the
feeds on Optus D1 and Optus B3 with my SkyStar2 PCI Card.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz