[mythtv] Change the MythMusic's playlist look (show only songsa, no author, etc)

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 31 18:07:55 UTC 2007

florin baiduc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this sounds more like an user questions, but I found no way to
> change the way the song lists (the musictreelist) look. on my systems
> I always get the songlist like this: author - song_name, but I would
> like to make it display only the song_name.
>
> Any help?
> Thanks and regards.

Sorry I dont have time to check properly right now but I think if I
remember rightly you can change the formats by altering the  m_format*
variables in metadata.cpp at around line 429. Actually looking at the
code below the formats it looks like you can add the 'MusicFormat*'
settings to the DB and those formats will be used in preference without
having to recompile anything :-)

Let me know if you need more info and I get back to you when I have more
time.

Paul H.