[mythtv] mythweb update?

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 05:04:10 UTC 2007

On 02/09/07, Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know when the svn mythweb will work with the mythtv-vid
> branch?  I'm getting this:
>
> Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 169:
> Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=35, backend=3600)
>
> That's a big jump!  :)

Hi Peter,

Yeah it is a big jump, IIRC Daniel deliberately put that large bump in
the protocol version to be sure that people recompile their plugins
when using mythtv-vid branch.

AIUI, there was a lot of noise from users not recompiling the plugins
when testing mythtv-vid and reporting segfaults and such.

I believe you should be able to just update the protocol version in
mythweb to match the backend as thebranch has been kept up to date
with trunk.

HTH,

Roo.