[mythtv] EPG Slow

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Fri Sep 7 13:11:12 UTC 2007

Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:

> > Can anyone point me in a direction to assist in troubleshooting this?
>

> If it's the guide grid itself which is slow then be sure to turn on
> MYSQL query caching.

Already doing that assuming that setting the cache size implies that it's on.  Here's a snippit from my.cnf:

key_buffer = 16M

table_cache = 128

sort_buffer_size = 2M

myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M

query_cache_size = 16M

I don't think that the hard drive is even running when it's being slow, so it doesn't seem like it's thrashing.

I'll spend some more time this weekend.  It's just confusing b/c this
wasn't happening before my last SVN update.  But it has been quite some
time, so I guess a lot of things have changed.

Thanks,

-b